Sunday, April 3, 2011

My view of love

There's a song from U2 that says a lot about my vision of love. I totally agree that "love is blindness", or kind of it...



I believe true love is kind, patient, understanding... It accepts us the way we are, despite of our failures and flaws. It remains by our side in difficulty times and give us strenght when we can't find it in ourselves.
I think a man, to be a good partner, must be three things: a lover, a friend and a bit of father.
A lover because we want to feel desired, a friend because we want to have companionship, and a father because we want someone to take care of us, to protect us sometimes...

And a woman must be to her man a lover, a friend and a mother as well. That's the way I believe true love works. That's the way I believe it's possible to accept each other's flaws (since no one is perfect), and to make a relationship work out...

That's what I hope to find in a man someday.

No comments: